Monday, April 20, 2009

Pine Cove Visit

On Easter weekend, Cooper and I were lucky to get to travel to Tyler for a quick visit with our dear friends, the Langemeiers. I was blessed to be the nanny for their family for several summers before I had kids of my own. God used their family to prepare me for motherhood and I treasure the relationships with Carrie and Craig as well as their 5 kids. Their oldest son, Austin, recently turned 16 and Carrie and Craig celebrated this milestone with a special rite of passage called Ginomai Aner (meaning becoming a man in Greek). Cooper and I drove up to Tyler on Thursday night and got to stay in a cabin at camp! He LOVED being at camp and running wild in the woods. I can see that family camp will have to become a tradition for us when Cooper gets a little older!

Austin's ceremony on Friday was worshipful and inspiring. Austin chose 7 men to mentor him in different areas and each spoke at the ceremony, giving words of wisdom and encouragement to Austin as he seeks to become a godly man. God really moved in my heart that night- - prompting me to pray earnestly for Cooper as he grows and continue to seek wisdom as I direct his heart to the Lord. I pray that in 14 years, I will be hosting my own Ginomai Aner for Cooper and speaking words of blessing over him as he walks into manhood.
This photo was taken right before I dropped Cooper at Cove Kids to play while I went to dinner and the ceremony. I literally laughed out loud when I saw his face in the photo. It is like he's saying "My mom made me stand here.... Just take the picture already!"
I didn't get very many pictures of Cooper with his buddies Noah and Beck (which I'm sad about!), but here's one of them playing at Cove Kids. The Langemeiers are such sweet friends to Cooper and me and I'm so grateful for them!

No comments: