Thursday, April 9, 2009

Congratulations Colin & Dayna!

As of last night, it's official - Colin and Dayna are engaged! We are so thrilled for them and I know they are perfect for each other. Colin proposed last night under the stars in College Station and we all drove up to celebrate their engagement with a surprise party. : )



My mom and I collaborated with Dayna's mom and friends to bake goodies and make the party look nice. Colin's only request for food was a batch of my "cake pops", which I hastily baked abour a hour before we left for College Station. They are red velvet cake with cream cheese icing, rolled into balls and dunked into chocolate - heavenly! You should have seen my kitchen as I was "speed baking" these things - a heavenly mess!



Here's an up close shot of my cake balls before they made the journey to College Station.


I painted a canvas for the table...






Cooper, Avery and I had fun visiting with Colin and Dayna's friends while we waited for them to arrive. As you can tell (pacifier in mouth and blanket in hand!), it was WAY past Cooper's bedtime!

Here's the new Bates clan (minus Jon and Hudson) We are so excited!


Cooper was so precious with Dayna. He really loves her and he most likely doesn't remember life without "his Dayna". He and Colin will forever argue about whose Dayna she really is... He can now really call her Aunt Dayna!









We are so excited for Colin and Dayna! Dayna has become a special person to us in the time they've dated and I can't think of anyone more wonderful for Colin to marry. Dayna is kind and tender-hearted. She considers the needs of others before her own and is quick to show mercy. She is gorgeous (and I've told Colin many time that I can't believe he caught her!) I've loved developing a relationship with her since living in The Woodlands. I can't wait to have a sister-in-law. Welcome to the Bates family, Dayna! : )

2 comments:

The Allen's said...

1. love the dress
2. love the pops
3. i need a photo view of your home.

JB said...

Welcome Dayna! You're stuck with all of us crazy Bates forever!