Sunday, April 26, 2009

I have to be honest...

Okay, I can't lie... I turned on the tv last week.

Only once, but I felt like you should know. It was a moment of weakness - it was pouring down rain outside and my brain almost exploded as the dog was racing circles around our little house with Cooper close behind him attempting to whack him with the broom... all I needed was 20 minutes of peace so I could get the tacos on the table and - - I did it. I was shocked at how fast I could get that plug back into the outlet and shove Tom and Jerry into the DVD player. I felt a little guilty... but only for a second! Cartoons literally may have saved my sanity that day. Those were the best 20 minutes of my whole week! Just thought you should know... I can't claim to be supermom, just a real mom, trying to hang in there and do my best! Nonetheless, we will still "celebrate" TV Turnoff Week next year (at least we'll try!)

1 comment:

cecilia tinajero said...

lol. i love it! im impressed you even attempted it...you are super mom to me (and to cooper, im sure!) miss you...good luck with the potty training weekend! keep us updated!