Every year Pine Cove Camp at Crier Creek (in Columbus, Texas) hosts a free Family Fun Day for families to come and enjoy camp, even if just for the day! Cooper and I made the 2 hour trek to camp last weekend and we loved every minute! We planned to go so that we could see old friends, spend time together, and enjoy the beautiful outdoors. I worked at Pine Cove in Tyler for many years during (and even after!) college and I simply LOVED it! Pine Cove will always have a special place in my heart. God molded me and refined me during the summers I worked at camp and I hope Cooper has the opportunity to experience Pine Cove as a camper someday.
Right away, Cooper discovered the horses and walked around the arena, petting each one on the nose and saying sweet things like "Hi, precious!" and "Soft nose, Honey!" (Maybe I need to start teaching him some more 'manly' phrases!) I just smiled as he walked to each horse, giving each a moment of personal attention and a kind word. It was neat to see how Cooper was naturally comfortable around animals - a gift certainly from the Lord and not from his Mom's influence! (I'm a kid person - not an animal person!!)
It was like music to my ears when I heard my sweet little boy ask a horse, "Honey, do you want a kiss?" He leaned in and kissed that horse on the nose - and each horse down the line. I love that his powerful and determined side is balanced with a tender heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment