Monday, December 6, 2010

Quick Reunions

One of the blessings in the midst of a hard weekend was being surrounded by family and friends. Both of my parents' sisters (one for my dad and four for my mom) and their families came for Jon's funeral. (Not to mention countless others!) It was a special treat to get to see my Grandad, who had never met Cooper before this weekend!

Cooper and Grandad played lots of "chase and pull", which is Cooper's new favorite game. I'm not sure what he likes about being pulled from two directions, but he begs to play!


After the service on Saturday, we ate dinner with my mom's side of the family who was here for another day. Colin and Dayna were troopers to wait at the restaurant for about 15 hours for a table for 14... Here's Colin and Grandad while we waited:

Two of my very best friends, Ashley and Sara, drove to Houston for the funeral as well. I can't tell you what a blessing it was to have both of them there. It was a huge sacrifice for them (and their husbands!) and I feel refreshed after spending time with people I love so much. I didn't get a photo with Sara : ( but here's one with Ashley and I after Sunday brunch:


Cooper with his Pop and (Great) Grandad:

My mom and her sisters:
(Can you spot the twins in there?!)

Naylor girls with their dad:
Grandad and me:
I'm so grateful for the love of family and friends this week. I can't say it enough. My freezer is full of taco soup and pumpkin bread, my counters are blooming with poinsettias and ferns, and I'm overwhelmed by the kind words of encouragement for my family and me. Thank you for your love.

1 comment:

cecilia tinajero said...

I'm glad you were surrounded by so many that you love so much. Know that I love you and you are in my prayers always.