It's a Bates family tradition: the cookie decorating contest. We prep with days of trash talk leading up to the festivities. Dayna commented this year that the tradition really isn't about the cookies - it's about turning everything possible into a competition. So true. But it's who we are. We love it. Here are the participants:
Shellie (Adam's girlfriend), Adam, Colin, Dayna, and me

The contest consists of two parts: the baking and the decorating. The contestants are responsible for shaping and baking their cookie. Cookie cutters are permitted but not mandatory. Decorating is not limited to the materials provided and creativity is encouraged. Although I will say that the year I used tweezers to place white sprinkles on my snow globe cookie, I was gipped and didn't even come close to winning. No, I'm not still bitter.
The rules are clearly outlined by the presiding officer, my dad. Because of (ahem) partiality issues in the past, it was decided that my mom be the official judge this year. Unlike my dad, who had a list of judging criteria, my mom said that the winner would "have heart." Oh no.
The aforementioned trash talk...





2 comments:
I agree...your snowman is the cutest! Congrats!
i. love. your. family.
Post a Comment