anada is without a doubt one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited. The rolling hills and green farm land is breathtaking. I spent a week in Quebec and Ontario visiting Lee and his family. Here are a few photos from our trip:
Lee and I spent time in Montebello, Quebec - absolutely gorgeous! It was quiet and peaceful and... ahhh! Lee and I canoed for hours on this little lake nestled amongst 65,000 protected acres.
We couldn't pass up golfing at Montebello's beautiful course. Despite the rain, we hung in there and had a blast. I'm sure I'm the worst golfer Lee's ever played against -but at least it was entertaining!
Speaking of entertaining.... this is his attempt at "modeling" for my camera. Goodness, he is a mess - but I love this man!
This is the "chateau" where we stayed. It's one of the largest log buildings in the world! We enjoyed dinners on the outdoor patio, strolls along the Ottawa River and a few days of sipping coffee and having adult conversation without any children!
Lee makes me laugh until my cheeks hurt and helps me remember to enjoy life's little moments. He's competitive and loves it when I lose to him at any given contest (which is more often than I'd like to admit!) His positive attitude is contagious and he brings the fun wherever he goes. I'm one lucky girl!

After our time in Quebec, I was delighted to meet Lee's extended family on their farm in Ontario. And of course, it was wonderful to see his two kiddos again! We mainly played around on the farm, but this was our "tourist" visit to the Pakenham Bridge in the nearest little town.
This is the farm where Lee grew up and where the majority of his family still lives. They've got cows, hay, and plenty of fresh air.
The kids showed me the ropes of wagon racing. The idea: barrel down the hill in a little red wagon and clear the gate into the field without injuring yourself or others. Good clean fun!
Lee's precious daughter, P. She baked a cake in honor of my arrival and even made a special sign for my door. We loved waterskiing on the river and exploring the farm land together. Love her!
I laugh out loud at this photo because of that silly Canadian flag - Lee rolled his eyes at my insistence for a photo, claiming that there was no "background" and we'd forget where we were. I promptly solved the problem by including an appropriate prop.
Can't you tell that he's thrilled?!
My other buddy, W. He engages me in huge tickle wars and lets me win at hide and go seek. He beats me shamelessly at Wii bowling and lets me give him piggy back rides. What a special boy!
The whole gang - all we're missing is one more little red head!
Canada, can I come back soon, eh?
2 comments:
Wow. I just left you a message wanting to hear about this trip; this is a great start! I LOVE getting to see pics of everything (and everyone). Glad it was fun.
oh. my. goodness. i dont know who this lee is but yall are so super cute together and it looks like you had an amazing trip! i will so be calling for details.
and, by the way, i am sooooooooo happy for you.
Post a Comment