Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Frogs!

Who knew that we had an abundance of FROGS in our front yard?! Our massive front yard "makeover" had lots of these frog friends hopping around... making one VERY happy four year old! Cooper has become an expert on finding, catching, and loving (sometimes to death...) these hoppers. He insists that we let the babies "find their mommies" and he will only hold the big daddy frogs.
Lately he's been waking up each morning, dressing himself in his swimsuit (because what's a frog hunt without a garden hose in your hand?) and heading out to find those frogs.
I'm sure the neighbors can hear his squeals of delight when he finds one!
Poor little fella! Coop is mostly gentle with them, but they sure do hop away quickly when given the chance!




At the end of the day, we have to let the frogs go home to their families. This is the saddest thing you've ever seen. Cooper lets them down then picks them up again for "one more goodbye". Sheesh.
Sometimes it's best when they just hop away. Although this is the face I have to comfort - so sad!
Don't worry - I'm sure we'll find more frog friends tomorrow!

1 comment:

Hallie said...

absolutely precious! the quintessential boy moment - dirty with some frogs! I love it!