Saturday, December 5, 2009

Texas Snow Day!

Would you believe it snowed in Houston today?!

Honestly, the flakes were tiny and barely sticking, but it was SNOW! My students at school couldn't have been more excited, so we had to take them outside for a little playtime throughout the day. At one point, I think every single class at our school was outside on the playground - it may be the only time in their lives the kids get to see snow at school!
This is me with my wonderful team of kindergarten teachers.


And my super-duper K5 class:

The second time we went outside, the wind picked up and we became best friends with our hoods! The kids said we looked like elves!

My sweet friend, Leti!


There's nothing like a Texas snow day! Lots of excitement, but no snow on the ground!

3 comments:

dayna said...

I bet your students had so much fun!

The Allen's said...

love the puffy jacket ... very hip.

Hallie said...

Love the blog, Megs! I am so jealous you have snow!