Saturday, November 28, 2009

Walk Through The Woods

Cooper and I participated in our town's annual Run Through The Woods on Thanksgiving Day. Since we were planning our big meal for Friday, (Mom worked on Thursday) it was a great way to spend some time together. Can you tell I am a hard core runner by looking at the stroller I pushed? It has a hard time making the turns at the mall, so I was glad we were doing the 3 mile walk rather than the run! : )

My sweet neighbor, Summer, offered us 2 free race packets since her daughters opted to go hunting with their daddy rather than walk. Summer and I spend a lot of time visiting on our driveways as the kids play, but it was nice to have uninterruped time to chat with her while we walked.
Summer and Jacob
Buddies!

I'm trying to convince my family that this event would be fun for us all to do next year - walk the pounds off before you put them on! I just loved the opportunity for quality time together - we'll see if the whole Bates clan walks in 2010!

No comments: