Friday, March 6, 2009

Just another day on the golf course...

One of my dad and brothers' favorite pastimes is golfing. My dad is fortunate to have his office over looking the 9th hole of an incredible golf course outside The Woodlands. Consequently, he is a great golfer! : ) Every once in a while, we take Cooper to the course to ride in the cart and start practicing his swing. (Or... practice NOT aiming for people with that mini-putter!) I would really like to take some golf lessons myself, but for now I'll settle for letting my dad give me pointers on the driving range. We had a fun lazy Sunday afternoon on the course as a family! Here's my little Tiger - - Notice that he is clutching two tractors in nearly every picture - he was unwilling to give them up - not even for golf!

Cooper placed every single ball we hit on the tee for us. He is a hard worker! : )
Here's Pop helping Cooper hit it "like a big boy"!

Even Lolli gets some lessons from our family golf pro.

I laugh at this picture because I was originally trying to capture Cooper's interest in lining up the golf tees, but I love that you can see my Dad's intense golf lesson in the background.
Although my role was mainly to take take pictures and keep Cooper out of harm's way (AKA a golf club to the head or running away with the golf cart), I did get to hit some balls myself. Honestly, I'm just grateful that they are air-bound and going generally straight! I know, my "golf attire" needs some work...
After hitting some balls on the driving range, we took a spin around the course in our golf carts. Cooper just giggles and screams as my dad whips around the curves and winds around the trees. Such a fun day!

Here are the golfing buddies!

1 comment:

cecilia tinajero said...

cooper looks so cute and is even dressed appropriately. i LOVE that he is holding on to his tractors for dear life...he is so funny!