Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Have you ever had a morning like this?

I really really really don't like to lose things. And I usually don't. Normally, I am very organized or at the very least, I have a memory good enough not to misplace many things. In fact, it has been a long time since I have ever "lost" something forever. I think the last thing I can recall losing into the black hole was a royal blue Abercrombie t-shirt from my freshman year of high school. It went on a missions trip to Mexico and never came back. But I digress...

So this morning when I was racing to get out the door and I realized that I had lost something (and something very important) I was really miffed. The lost item: Cooper's shoe. We are on a very tight time schedule in the mornings, so in order to get out the door in time to take Cooper to school and get me to meet my tutoring group, we have to be on the ball. No time for misplaced things. And there was no way we could just make do without it. To be fair, I actually had in my possession a left shoe and a right shoe, but they just happened to be from two different pairs. I just couldn't bring myself to be "that mom" who sends her kid to school with two different shoes and unkempt hair.

So the decision was made to be late and search for the shoe. I thought, As long as I am going to be late, I may as well try to find some humor in this situation. So I whipped out the camera to take a few photos for the blog. Might as well, right?

After hunting literally in every place known to man -the toilets (we've got the dog now, so anything is possible!) the backyard, the laundry baskets, the fireplace... I found the missing shoes (both of them!) on a kitchen chair that was pushed in under the table. Hallelujah!

Off we went to school as fast as those shoes could velcro on Cooper's feet. Only 17 minutes behind schedule!

3 comments:

c, s, b, a and c said...

thank you for painting the mental picture...it made me smile, though i am sorry it brought your furstration...
you have to love the moments where you need to remember to breathe!
thank goodness for fridays!!!

The Allen's said...

we don't "loose things" we simply misplace temporarily. haha ... getting old is going to be so much fun :)

cecilia tinajero said...

that is HYSTERICAL! and i LOVED the pictures!