Sunday, June 1, 2008

Choo Choo! Cooper is 2!

I can't believe my baby boy is 2 years old! As a mom, you want to make your child's birthday memorable and special. More than anything, I want Cooper to grow up feeling celebrated and loved on his birthday (and every day!). Although it's tempting to throw huge parties and spend gobs of money, I have decided that our Bates family birthday traditions are going to be simple and meaningful. One tradition I'd like to start is baking and decorating a special made-to-order birthday cake - - easier said than done!! Thankfully, my parents were there to help me bake and decorate Cooper's train cake. Dad and I stayed up until the wee hours getting Cooper's birthday cake ready for the big day.


Cooper sat in his decorated chair to eat his favorite breakfast (when he's older he'll be able to choose, but for now I decided that I think he likes nutrigrain bars and chocolate sprinkle donuts the best!!) I think he was more impressed with the paper plates and cup with Thomas the Train on it than he was the fresh donuts I rolled out of bed early to get!!

My favorite birthday present for Cooper was a shirt that says "Cooper is 2!", which he wore proudly all day long. We played in the backyard with "Lolli" and "Pop" happily and enjoyed the beautiful sunny day God blessed Cooper with for his special day.



We were so glad to have my parents celebrate Cooper's birthday with us!
Cooper received many presents for his birthday, but his favorite BY FAR was the stuffed golden retriever from Sara and Chad Underwood. Their dog, Ella, is Cooper's best friend and playmate and Cooper was thrilled to have his own Ella Dog to play with at home.
Cooper gave his Ella Dog many many kisses and he dragged her everywhere! I called Sarabeth to thank her for adding another thing that we MUST take with us everywhere we go. : ) (If a blanket, pacifier, and 35 lb. baby weren't enough, let's add a huge stuffed dog!!)
I'm one lucky mom!
Cooper loved his train cake and was shocked that he could have as much as he wanted!! Things got messy really fast!



My parents got Cooper a tricycle and Pop taught him how to ride. We're planning a family vacation to a ranch in Oregon this summer and Cooper will be able to ride his own bike! He is such a big boy!

God has truly blessed Cooper - I marvel at God's goodness and faithfulness in his life. Cooper is a happy and healthy boy who is loved to pieces. God has placed him in a family and rescued him from danger. What a great God we serve! I hope that each year on Cooper's birthday we remember God's goodness to him and pray for another year of God's blessing in Cooper's life.



1 comment:

cecilia tinajero said...

ya'll did a great job on the train cake...love that tradition! and how adorable is cooper when he is so excited he can't stand it! it's the best!