Monday, April 25, 2011

First Fish

Every kid remembers catching their very first fish. Today was Cooper's day!

Our neighborhood park hosts a fishing derby every year in the little pond. Cooper was old enough this year to understand that a) You have to hold still if you want to catch a fish b) there's a hook at the end of that line (and it's best not to swing it around!) and c) fish are stinky, but it's okay.

I came ready to fish with my son, but he didn't give me a second look after seeing his Pop! I guess some things are just special for the guys...

Cooper did really great reeling the line in and even working on casting, but baiting the hook was a little more than he wanted to do. Mind you, we used "stink bait" instead of worms,
but I thought it was hysterical that he held his nose through the entire process!


Cooper and his grandpa have such a special relationship. I love watching them together.




After much patience, Cooper got a bite! He reeled in that catfish proudly and we were all delighted! (Some of us, mostly because it meant we could be "done" with fishing for the day!)

Once the fish was close enough to touch, Coop wasn't so sure...





A happy fisherman, throwing back his catch, so he can "find his mommy".
Atta boy, Coop.
And of course, no fishing trip is complete without a snuggle with Lolli!


1 comment:

Court said...

Way to go, Cooper! Looks like you had a great time.