These two became one on Sunday. I was honored to be a part of the celebration and beginning of their lives together! Ginger is a dear friend from college whom I admire and respect so greatly. She is hilarious, kindhearted, and one of the smartest girls I know. I am so thrilled that she's found her beloved. David is a lucky man and it's so clear that he knows it!
My time in AZ was split between our best friend reunion and Ginger's wedding extravaganza. I loved each phase of the trip so much! We celebrated Ginger and David with lots of food, drinks, and laughter over the weekend. Lots of pictures, but enjoy!
Gorgeous.
Although I consider myself a professional bridesmaid (I'm considering retiring after my 30th birthday) I am in no way a hairdresser. Although I could be a great Texas pageant girl. This photo series proves it. I spent more time than I'm willing to admit trying to tame this mane into an appropriate wedding hair do.
This is during the process...
And the final look after much combing, pinning, and fighting with the hair.
(Don't judge me for the stella in my hands... it was a long afternoon of primping! We all decided we needed to "take the edge off" before walking down the aisle.)
I made friends with the other bridesmaids over the course of the weekend. Becca and I knew each other from working at Pine Cove over the summers in college and we're now besties! (Right, Bec?!) She is planning to adopt from foster care in the near future and I'm excited to have another buddy in the single mom business. Lauren is David's sister and she kept us entertained as we jammed to Boys 2 Men and Christina Aguilera en espanol before the wedding. We bonded!
The beautiful bride. I couldn't be more elated for Ginger to be married to David. She is a wonderful friend and I pray for many more blessings to be heaped on her as she begins this new phase of life!
I'll be honest, I usually cry at weddings. I can normally tuck a kleenex into my flowers and sniff discreetly. Not this time. Tears streamed down my face. My "clinch your abs" trick didn't stop them one bit. It is so obvious that Ginger and David not only love each other sincerely, but are deeply committed to a lifelong marriage. Their vows to each other were beautiful and earnest. I was so glad to be there to see the beginning of something so special.
Congrats G & D!
5 comments:
look at that great pic of you with the stella and with just the grass. must have had a great photographer.
and yes, besties!
Thank you so much for sharing our wonderful weekend. You made all of our joy complete by being there. You are my hero.
Your pictures are beautiful (as are you!)!! You are a magnificent photographer! Can you send me your pics somehow?
And congratulations on your celebration today!
So nice meeting you this weekend (go frogs!). Did any of the pics I took turn out okay? Hope so! The auto-focus and I weren't always the best of friends. :)
Congrats on celebrating your and Cooper's 2 year anniversary!!
Hey girl, just stumbled upon your blog. Great photos - you are a good photog. Love love that you have a sweet precious boy of your own!
I love you.
Post a Comment