Thursday, July 1, 2010

Swim Lessons

After months of playing in the pool with a life jacket, Cooper was ready to start learning to swim on his own. We're lucky to have friends with a backyard pool, so this summer my mission was to teach Cooper to swim. He didn't need much more than encouragement to get going. I was shocked at how quickly he started swimming!


He can jump off the edge in the deep end and swim to the other side of the pool! That's what I call a swimmer!! We're working on using "big arms" (he swims a little like an otter!) but he is improving every day.


I'm so proud of his confidence! He tells everybody (guys in Home Depot, cashiers at the grocery store, people walking in front of our house) that HE CAN SWIM!

2 comments:

Hallie said...

hooray for the little fish! what an accomplishment :)

cecilia tinajero said...

IMPRESSIVE! Go, Cooper, go!