Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Preschool Update

Cooper finished the school year in his PPCD program with nothing but smiles. He eventually learned to love the school bus and ride it daily without complaint. He even wore his backpack happily (which I think is the cutest thing ever!) For his fourth birthday, I was able to visit his classroom and watch him with pride.



His teacher, Mrs. S., was wonderful! More than anything, she loved Cooper and helped him to have a positive school experience. I could see in his face that he felt safe at school and with his teachers. Cooper walked into the classroom with confidence and it was easy to see that this program has been beneficial for him.


Cooper worked hard to earn stickers throughout his school day. I love that Mrs. S breaks his day into smaller parts so he CAN be successful. As he left each day, she helped him count his stickers and reflect on the day.

Official update: Cooper did well at school and will be returning in the fall. I'm so thankful that we've found a spot for him where he can grow and feel good about himself!



2 comments:

Ginger said...

Yay, yay, yay, yay!!! So excited for Cooper!

Hallie said...

He is getting SO BIG! I am so glad the year went well :)