Saturday, June 12, 2010

Berry Picking

One of my favorite childhood memories is berry picking with my family. I can't explain why it brought me such joy, but even remembering picking berries in Oregon brings a smile to my face. Every summer I make a point to take Coop to the berry farm at least a few times. Recently we discovered a local blackberry patch that is just a few minutes from our house, so we had to pay a visit!
The key to a happy time picking berries:
*A happy picker!

I had to coach Coop to just pick the black ones. He kept reminding me, "But Mom, our favorite color is RED!"





His little bucket was the perfect size. He felt like it was always full, but wasn't too heavy to carry. I need to remember this for next time - we just happened to have this one left in the car from his birthday party!



Now home to make a blackberry pie!

2 comments:

Hallie said...

great pics, Meg!

jandlauren said...

You are so Martha! Wish I could taste some of your pie.