Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Last Week of School

I love my job as a kindergarten teacher. I'm so lucky to work in a school that values hands-on learning and allowing kids to explore and play! As we finished up the year, our school sponsored "Camp Galatas" week, with daily activities centered around science and outdoor learning. We saw and touched live animals, went on nature walks around our school and at a neighboring park, and made our own compasses! Here's my class after a trail search using clues and compasses to find "treasure":

And here we are using solar ovens to make s'mores:

*I should've posted pitcures of the incredibly messy faces that were made from eating these yummy treats! Priceless!*
I had a great year at school and I'm eager to return to the same classroom, grade level, and school in the fall. It felt strange (but glorious!) leaving for the summer without a carload of boxes - I've moved schools 3 times in the past 3 years! It will be nice to return to a familiar place in August. Now that school is done, we're looking forward to a happy summer at home!

No comments: