Wednesday, March 26, 2008

We Love You, Cecilia!

After more than 2 years as my foster home director through Lena Pope Home, Cecilia has accepted another position at Lena Pope in the counseling department. I am so proud of her hard work and genuinely excited for her new journey, but I am sad that she will no longer be my director. Anyone who has walked with me through my time as a foster parent knows about Cecilia. She has been such an important fixture in my life over the past 2 years. It is her job as my director to facilitate interactions with CPS, answer questions about paperwork, and visit my home twice per month. Cecilia has done all of those jobs and thousands more! She literally kept me afloat when I had a difficult first placement. She's listened to me cry, transported kids to doctor's visits when I had to work, brought me Sonic when I was overwhelmed, and sat beside me in several nerve-racking court hearings. More than anything, she encouraged me to persevere and be courageous when I felt like giving up. It is most likely because of Cecilia in my life that I have reached the place of adoption with Cooper. I probably would have quit long before now if not for her friendship and kindness. Although we had our last "official" visit a few weeks ago, I am certain that "Miss Cecilia" will always be a part of our lives. : )
We miss you already, Cecilia! We've been so blessed by your friendship and hard work. Our family will always count you as a dear friend!

1 comment:

cecilia tinajero said...

megan, thank you so much for your sweet words. working with you was absolutely amazing for me...your passion and heart of service show that you are the perfect fit to be a mommy. i have been so blessed by your friendship and in being able to watch you and cooper grow as a family! what an amazing experience it has been for me!

i pray that we always remain close...you and cooper are so important to me.

okay...enough with the tears! (i sure wish you still lived in fort worth...i would love to hug the two of you!)