Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Green Thumbs

Here’s hoping we have some… Cooper and I planted a backyard garden!

Spring Break 074 EDIT

Armed with little more than gardening gloves, gatorade, and 30 minutes of Google research, we set out to become gardeners! We took a field trip to (my new favorite) nursery, Arbor Gate, and picked out our goods. I was determined to plant things we buy regularly at the grocery store, so I chose cilantro, onions, bell peppers, butterhead lettuce, and grape tomatoes (I splurged for 2 colors -red and yellow!). Cooper picked 2 plants that will be his responsibility to water and watch – a cantaloupe and a watermelon. Awesome.

Spring Break 079 EDIT

As you would expect, he was a very willing worker. He assembled the raised beds and shoveled the soil like a pro. We had to compromise a bit about where things would go – Mom insisted on neat rows and Coop wanted more of a “free spirited garden” – but in the end, everything fit in the beds and we’re both happy.

Spring Break 088 EDIT

Some water…

Spring Break 092 EDIT

And we’re growing!

Spring Break 095 EDIT

Updates soon!

1 comment:

Court said...

So fun! Can't wait to see how your garden grows....ours looks good so far :) Here's hoping for green thumbs all around!