Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sick Day

Coop was under the weather so we both took a day off from school to rest and recover.

We spent the day playing cards, folding laundry, and coloring with markers. I realized how much I love just being at home. No list, no schedule. It was glorious! (well, minus the puke...)


Cooper worked for an hour on "hard work" - handwriting and workbooks. I enjoyed sitting beside him and marveling at how smart he's become. He wrote and illustrated a story about a horse and said, 'I can spell it myself, Mom." It's times like these that I think I would enjoy homeschooling (even part time) if that opportunity ever arose.

We got a little stir crazy after lunch and Cooper decided to bust out the balloons. The balloon pumpkins were all Cooper's idea. I just offered the green ribbon for a stem. (The original plan was the fill the bathtub with balloons!)
He may have just inspired a project for my students at school!


We're thankful for a day of rest together. Cooper should be up and at 'em soon!

1 comment:

Court said...

From Maggie "Oh, poor Cooper...I'm sorry you are sick. Hope you are feeling better. I will be praying for you and I am going to have to get my momma to get me some of those water balloons!"