There are many perks to being a kindergarten teacher. Today, the Boosterthon Fun Run climbed to the top of the list. In an effort to support our school, the "Bates Blast Off" spent 10 days collecting pledges, earning prizes, and getting ready for today's Fun Run. And it was SO MUCH FUN!

We got into the spirit by painting our faces and doing jumping jacks next to our desks for a warm up. Before we got to the park for the run, the kids were already proclaiming this as the best day of their lives. After just 5 years of life, it very well could have been. I'm telling you, we had some FUN!
What a FUN way to raise money for our school and build a sense of community! We ran around a 1/16th of a mile course to jammin' music for 30 minutes while parents cheered and waved signs. I felt like I was back at camp again. The Bates Blast Off team did so well and the kids couldn't have been more proud of their success. And I reveled in the opportunity to paint my face, wear a headband, and dance around like a maniac.

After 10 days of hype, I had to break the news that the Fun Run was over. There were a lot of really sad kids and I won't lie - we had a few criers. But it's a life lesson - All good things must come to an end...
Until next year Boosterthon!
No comments:
Post a Comment