Today was just one of those days. We worked all day long to trim trees, mow the lawn, and re-paint our front door. After a long day, we just needed a little treat to celebrate surviving! : )
Despite his half-hearted smile in the photo, Cooper was super excited about our dinner plans! We skipped dinner entirely (I know, bad Mommy!) and brought our ice cream out to the front yard to enjoy the sunset.
What a fun "date night" for us! I highly recommend this treat as an incentive - - Cooper is already asking about when our next ice cream dinner will be. He assures me, "I be nice, Mommy!" Maybe it will have to be sooner than later!
We became a family officially in October 2008 through the wonder of adoption. But our family really began many months before that when I was a foster mom ready to love children and give them back, and Cooper was a 7 month old cherub who captured my heart and changed my plan forever. I never intended to adopt as a single woman, but God had other plans for me. I can't imagine a more beautiful way to spend my life! Cooper made me a mother and together we are a family forever.
1 comment:
you are definitely a nice mama! :)
Post a Comment