Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Fourth!

I love everything about the 4th of July! I love the spirit, the bright colors and all of the time to spend with family and friends. This year we celebrated with friends from our small group at the annual Woodlands Parade through Market Street. I had never been, but I was told to get there early, and be prepared to sweat! The advice was sage on all accounts. Although it was quite hot, the Veaches managed to find a perfect shady spot along the parade route and we watched the entire parade happily.


Cooper was fascinated by all the fire engines and fancy cars that drove within feet of where we sat. He also was really surprised (in a good way!) to discover that the parade floats were just handing out candy! Yummy! He had more popsicles and Dum-Dum suckers than are healthy for one child, but his favorite was the bubble gum. This photo is so funny to me because you can see his gum tucked away in his cheek. I can almost hear him saying, "I don't swallow, Mommy. I just chew and chew." (Despite his mantra, the gum was "gone" within about a minute...)


Here are some photos of our sweet friends!




Yay for a fun parade! We spent the rest of our Fourth with my dad, eating snow cones and running through the sprinklers. We attempted a nap, but I couldn't really blame Cooper for not being able to sleep after all of that sugar and excitement. With that said, my little man was a little grouchy at our trip to the pool after dinner and we didn't even try to make it to see the live fireworks at 10. Cooper fell asleep watching the fireworks in New York City on tv!
Happy Fourth of July!

3 comments:

Pope said...

Megan, your pictures are AMAZING. Just had to say it again. We had a GREAT time on Friday!

The Allen's said...

love your haircut and all the festive 4th of july apparell worn by all! coop looks so happy!

cecilia tinajero said...

Great pics and I love your hair! You look FAB! :) Miss you!