It's official - today begins SUMMER VACATION! I spent the day packing up my classroom, loading up the car, and saying good-bye to friends at Coulson Tough as I prepare to move to a new school and classroom next year. It was a bittersweet day, closing the door to one chapter in my life, yet opening the door to another at Galatas Elementary, just a few miles away. I was blessed to work at a wonderful school close to my new home and gain valuable experience that I will carry with me as I continue to grow as a teacher. As I packed everything into boxes and wheeled them to my car (with the help of my wonderful friend, Monica!) I felt relieved that I survived my first year in The Woodlands. I did it! I moved last June and had a year full of milestones - - I sold my first house and bought another, I left my first ever "grown-up job" and got a new one, and I started our forever family when Cooper was adopted. (That's not mentioning the new additions of the tarantula, Lola, and the Golden Retriever, Boone!) God has been so very faithful to me this year!
I'm thrilled that summer is here and we can relax and enjoy just being at home and being a family. Yay! Cooper and I celebrated our first day of summer by making cookies (before dinner!) and eating so many that neither of us was hungry for dinner. AHHH - summer feels great!!
2 comments:
I finally have had a chance to read your blog! I have sat here with pure tears of joy reading all the way to the puppy in the bathtub. I can't believe how much Cooper has grown. I am so happy for the both of you! I look forward to more stories. Thasnks for making my day!
Kelli! I'm glad to hear from you, friend!!
Post a Comment