Monday, December 15, 2008

Decorating For Christmas

I have really enjoyed decorating our new home for Christmas. Our house is cozy and warm and looks fantastic with Christmas lights.
This year I caved and bought an artificial tree, but I am loving that it doesn't really shed very much and it's symmetrical (unlike last year's real, but very lopsided tree!) Cooper's new job is to turn off the outdoor lights as well as the tree lights when we leave in the morning. He is quite excellent at this task and rarely forgets. He even unplugged my parents' tree when we left after eating dinner over there one night! Ha!
I can't take any credit for the way our house looks on the outside - it's all my dad. He is my hero! He is my handyman and my landscaper all in one. He hung these lights one Saturday when Cooper and I were running errands. Don't they look spectacular? I am proud to pull into our driveway every night and look at those fun decorations. And Cooper will never forget that Pop hung them for us... every time we come home he says, "Pretty lights... Pop made them!"



Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

your mantel looks gorgeous!