Friday, October 3, 2008

Bubba

Anyone who knows Cooper knows that his most beloved posession in the entire world is his blanket, affectionately known as Bubba. I don't know how he developed such a love for this specific blanket, but ever since he was little, Cooper has insisted on sleeping with his Bubba. There are only 2 blankets that pass the "Bubba test" - they have a specific silk tag and have been loved to death and nearly to shreds. I've tried desperately to substitute other blankets, even those that seem to look exactly the same, but Cooper takes one look and is not fooled.

As he got older and became mobile, Cooper hasn't gone anywhere without his Bubba in tow. We call him our little Linus... As you can imagine, with all the places that Bubba travels (to preschool, in the car, through the flowerbeds, down the slides...) he needs a pretty frequent washing! Typically I tiptoe into Cooper's room during naptime and quickly wash and dry Bubba before he realizes that his best buddy is missing in action. This time I wasn't so lucky...

Cooper trying to part with Bubba for just one wash cycle. He kept asking for one last hug! (and how could I say no?!)
Waiting patiently while Bubba was washing (he insisted on watching Bubba spin for almost the entire time!)
"Is it time yet?"
At last! (The longest 25 minutes of our weekend!)
That smile is priceless. I may have to let Cooper take Bubba to kindergarten if we don't come up with a new best friend before then!


1 comment:

cecilia tinajero said...

That could not be more adorable! Him waiting so patiently and that big smile after getting his "bubbas" back! Love it!