Monday, July 7, 2008

Thankful

Although Cooper has been a part of our family for seemingly forever, I can still remember the night he arrived on my doorstep. Sometimes when he sleeps, I can still envision what he looked like more than a year and a half ago, the first time he slept in my arms. It really can bring me to tears! What a long journey it has been with this baby. I know that God placed Cooper in my life and I am so very thankful. I never intended to adopt any children when I became a foster parent, but God changed my heart to see this baby as my own. I am still amazed at the life change that has happened and the way God has orchestrated it all.

Every day I am challenged and honestly humbled by how hard it is to raise a child. It's tough! I seek the Lord for help and wisdom moment by moment as I learn how to be the kind of Mom He desires. Parenting is the most awesome responsibility that God has ever given me and I want so badly to do my best! My prayer is that Cooper would grow into a man who loves the Lord with all of his heart and who desires to treasure the things that God holds dear. I pray that I would parent Cooper according to the way God designed him and model for him a life devoted to Jesus!
As we get closer to our final adoption (court date is pending, but I'll share it as soon as I know it!) please continue to pray for our little family. We love to share our lives with you and rejoice in how God shows himself to be BIG in our lives!

2 comments:

Katie and Christopher said...

Hey pretty girl! Ashley found me and through her...I found you! I can't believe that Cooper is 2 years old! He is precious! Are you living in the Woodlands now? I read that you are starting a new school. Can't wait to hear from you! I miss and love you!

Katie <><

Kelley said...

Hey Megan, I know your so close so I want to come see you or hang out and meet Copper.

Please call me anytime or email me
713.417.7820
kelramsey@gmail.com
We really are close, I am in med center of Houston.