"A good snapshot keeps a moment from running away."
~ Eudora Welty, author
(love this quote I found on the pages of a Pottery barn catalog!)
I read somewhere about a girl who recorded her family's year with a snapshot every day. She jotted down the stories to go along with each picture and cataloged them into a book at the end of the year. Genius!
I'm going to give it a try in 2012! I like the idea of remembering the big moments (the ones you are sure to carry your camera for) and the small, every day ones. My big camera has a new "home" on the kitchen counter so it's ready to go and I'm excited to share our year in photos on the blog. Here goes!
January 1, 2012
We kicked off the new year with a good deep clean. Cooper informed me that he is now "fiveandahalf" and is capable of running the steamer. Alright! He wasn't thrilled with the idea of sweeping the floors first (nobody is, really!) but LOVED running my Haan steam mop once he got going. This big kid did such a good job, he just earned himself a new Saturday job!



No comments:
Post a Comment