Monday, December 12, 2011

Candyland

Board games are a new found love around here. It was like one day Cooper suddenly realized the magic of Candyland and poof - he is a game-playing fool! His closet floor is now littered with trouble pegs and more dice than I knew yahtzee contained. I keep a deck of cards in the car for those "long waits" in the pharmacy drive-thru. We're loving it!


I snapped a few photos as Cooper and his neighbor buddies parked themselves in the entryway for a round of Candyland and Go Fish. I love walking in on kids organizing their own games - it makes them seem so grown up! I loved overhearing their conversations as they played:

Oooh - you got a double purple. It's your lucky day. REALLY!

Hmmm... all we have is "mans" here, but Hannah, you can still play and we'll pretend your man has hair.

We have to be fair or the game is over. Cheating is no fun.




It's so neat to watch Cooper's growing interest and ability with "big kid" things like board games. Now I FINALLY have someone who will play games with me! I can't wait until he's old enough for Chicken Foot or Nertz. For now, I'll settle for playing Go Fish with HEB grocery store cards on repeat!

No comments: