... the very very very LAST day I paid for child care for Cooper!
The arrival of summer this year also signaled another important milestone in our life - no more child care! Cooper is headed to kindergarten in the fall (can you believe it?!) and I feel richer already. : )
We were more than blessed this year by our nanny, Janet, who took care of Cooper each day before he went to pre-k in the afternoons. We first met her as an assistant teacher at Cooper's Montessori school when he was just 2! From the beginning, the two of them had a special connection and Janet was naturally my first choice for a nanny for Coop. She left her job at the school just for this year, so she could work with Cooper - an amazing blessing! She arrived bright and early each morning (6:30am!) so I could head to work and be there long before kiddos arrived. Cooper eagerly awaited her arrival each morning and proclaimed her as his best friend (and still does!) The two of them had wonderful days, spent riding bikes, playing at the park, and doing "hard work" (school work) around our kitchen table. While he napped, she faithfully folded laundry and took out the trash.We are so very grateful for Janet and the impact she made on our family this year. Cooper made amazing strides this year and I have no doubt that much of it is because of Janet's work with him.
We love you Janet!

And now it's on to the next chapter in our lives - kindergarten! It's going to be an adventure with both mom and son in the same grade level at the same school... I'm looking forward to having Cooper right next door!
No comments:
Post a Comment