The whole family (minus Cooper and I) were able to celebrate Colin's 4 years of hard work at Texas A&M. He graduated with a degree in communications and is now serving as the new worship pastor for a church in College Station. I couldn't be more proud of my little brother! This year has brought many changes for him and he's accepted the responsibilities of a school, work, and marriage with joy. I'm honored to say that I'm his sister!
We became a family officially in October 2008 through the wonder of adoption. But our family really began many months before that when I was a foster mom ready to love children and give them back, and Cooper was a 7 month old cherub who captured my heart and changed my plan forever. I never intended to adopt as a single woman, but God had other plans for me. I can't imagine a more beautiful way to spend my life! Cooper made me a mother and together we are a family forever.
2 comments:
Everyone looks great! Yea Colin!
congrats to the bates family!
Post a Comment