Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Car Wash

My son is an "outside boy"! He would spend every waking moment in the backyard if I would let him. So we've made it an weekend tradition to wash the car and water the lawn together. He wears his cute little board shorts a crocs and of course I get the camera ready to capture his every move. : )
The object of washing the car is less to get the car actually clean and more to have the experience of spending time together. I have to remind myself of this while my precious toddler soaps the areas that were just rinsed and dumps out the bucket of clean suds and fills it with freshly picked weeds. He delights in watching those "bubbles" run down the driveway... "WOW!" he says!
I am so thankful that God has given him a hard-working temperment. He loves to help and is a diligent worker, even at such a young age. He will work alongside me for as long as I work and he is always interested in what I am doing. I am amazed at how he mimics everything I do, down to how I hold the hose or how I vacuum the seats. His adoptive name, Cooper, means "servant" and I love that his name matches the character God has purposefully given him. I pray that the gift of diligence and responsibility only grows as he gets older.

After a long afternoon of hard work, he needs a drink from the hose!
Precious!

2 comments:

The Allen's said...

Sounds like he might be a little like Johnny P, only we'll have to call him Cooper Lee!!!

Megan Bates said...

I would be very blessed if he turned out to be just like your dad. Cooper Lee would do well to be like Johnny P... he's quite an extraordinary man!