Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Greene Girls Getaway

A reunion of the Greene House girls was long overdue, so Sarabeth, Ashley and I planned to meet for a day of shopping in Canton. We were sad that Lauren couldn't join us this time, but the other three "Greene Girls" had a blast! It was a looooong day of shopping, but the time together was priceless.
We each found some pretty good deals - my favorite purchase was a metal sculpture of a horned frog for my dad (and I have to admit that I got one for myself too!) It now proudly sits on my desk. Go frogs!
As you can probably gather from the photos, we didn't entirely think through how were were going to carry these fabulous purchases... ALL DAY! No carts, no strollers, just biceps! : ) We were exhausted! Ashley got an adorable sign with some scripture on it for their house and SB found a little end table for their living area. And the prize-winning item of the day was...... Sara's "teacup-on-a-stick" (AKA: birdfeeder for her mother-in-law). Awesome.

I am so very thankful for the friendships that God cultivated in our lives during the time we lived in the Greene House. Ashley, Sarabeth, Lauren and I maintain a strong friendship that I pray will last for our lifetimes. They are precious friends who support me and encourage me to walk more closely with the Lord. What a gift!I really look forward to spending special time together as often as we can - hopefully another Greene Girls Reunion will be coming soon!
P.S. - A really special THANK YOU to my parents for keeping Cooper for me while I was in Canton. The girls weekend would have been a lot different if it weren't for their generous offer to take care of my little one! You're the best, Mom and Dad! : )

No comments: